1.14.2009

Expectations and Resolutions for 2009.

I just thought I'd take a moment to share my thoughts and expectations about this year. I made a list of a few specific goals I'd like to accomplish this coming year:

  • Continue to exercise in some way, shape, or form at least 30min a day, 5 days a week, minimum, while pursuing better health and nutrition in all areas of life.
  • Spend no more than 20% of gross adjusted income on discretionary spending, while pursuing better financial spending and saving habits in general.
  • Record and release one album of no fewer than eight original songs.
  • Decide on an educational direction to pursue for the remainder of college and maintain a high level of academic excellence.
  • Plan and execute a multi-state tour with ML3.
  • Create a personal website for the distribution and advertisement of my music and drumming
Aside from these specific areas of focus, however, I think this is really a year in which I consciously need to take steps towards growth and personal development. I already have felt myself becoming a more whole and mature person over the past month or so, and am working on continuing in that direction. I'm going to be 20 in a few months, which I feel is like a watershed point for me. I need to start taking more responsibility for my own actions, financially and otherwise. I need to learn how to stay busy without overloading myself or becoming overwhelmed. I need to start implementing flow into my life in constructive manners. Now I say all this without putting pressure on myself. Having expectations of myself and putting pressure on myself are two entirely different things, and I've learned in the past several months what the difference is, and I see myself doing a lot better from here on out. I'm ready to make a positive difference in my life, and I'm starting now.

~AR

No comments:

Post a Comment